Thursday 24 August 2023

Size comparison

Just a quick post as my test figures arrived from Alternative armies. The idea being to combine them with the 4 spare figures I had left over from Steelfist. Initial thoughts are a good match sizewise. One drawback is the weapons are a lot thicker than the Steelfist figures, also the horse and riders are a single pose. I also picked up 2 command packs, at least the horse is different.

Alternative armies / Warlord / Steelfist

In the background I have even mixed a few riders and horses over and they are a good fit. So this will give me 2 extra regiments. I'll definitely pick up a few more of these figures to mix in to units of Steelfist miniatures. There is also one other rider they produce wielding a pistol for a bit of variety.

10 comments:

  1. AA cavalry look like they will fit right in. Are they plastic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are metal, they are also just 70p each, so very cheap. Good to use to fill out units

      Delete
  2. Looking really good together for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look good to me Neil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, definitely another option for variety

      Delete
  4. The Steelfist miniatures look very nice indeed, Scotty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely the best option for the cavalry

      Delete
  5. Nice comparison. I hadn't seen the AA options yet. Looks like a good source for Eastern light cavalry as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are also good value, shame they just have a single pose

      Delete