Sunday 20 August 2023

Some re-basing and extra horse

So after discussion with Mitch, we've agreed to go to 4 models per base for the horse. This helps with costs and the actual number of models is not really relevant, just the number of bases of cavalry for the rules. This meant that the 3 regiments already done would need some re-basing and an additional 10 cavalrymen were completed to bring me up to 5 regiments. I even mixed a couple of the Peter Pig horse with the plastic warlord figures for one base and they look a good match.


The base on the right is a mix of Warlord and PeterPig



I also took the opportunity to complete another piece of artillery from the plastic Warlord sprue


So now I have 2 more regiments of horse and some commanded shotte on the painting table and then back to the last two regiments of foot for Newcastle,

8 comments:

  1. I would have been tempted to squeeze in a fifth horseman onto the stand. I like them knee to knee for cavalry in 15mm unless lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if it wasn't for the amount I need to paint I would have stuck with 5 models per base

      Delete
  2. Please tell me also what system are these preparations for? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be using the Victory without Quarter rules, a quick play set

      Delete
  3. Seems sensible to me Scotty - personally, I could live with three per base, but then, I am always looking to maximise my bang for buck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, much easier to sell to the wife that I am making savings on the project

      Delete
  4. Nicely done Neil interested to see how they turn out 👍

    ReplyDelete