Sunday 6 August 2023

Re-Purposed buildings

Many, many years ago I scratch built a few buildings for use in my WSS collection. They saw some service until I switched to 6mm to represent villages. Compared to modern 15mm buildings they were on the slightly small side so ended up stuck in the bottom of a box gathering dust. With getting into Epic Pike and Shotte my mind as usual switched to gathering suitable scenery for my games. I looked at the Sarissa buildings that come as part of the boxed set. Now they are lovely buildings, but a bit steep in price for the number I will eventually want. It was then I remembered these buildings, so dug them out, arranged them on some bases, bit of sand and static grass and they are ready for action. Perfect for the first few games trying out rules etc. Now the paint work is rather shabby, but nostalgia kicked in and they will stay as they are for now.

Placed on MDF bases from Warbases

A little village green added


A decent size match

In other news I do have the 3rd of my infantry battallia nearly complete, just need their bases completed. Then I can make a start on the 2 cavalry troops I need to get done. The Steelfist miniatures arrived and they are gorgeous models, so much so I promptly ordered 2 more packs of the Royalist horse. I think the thought of painting 1 more regiment from the Warlord plastics makes me feel like I deserve it.

6 comments:

  1. Keeping them as they are sounds goods to me. Not all buildings have that "just painted" look and the original buildings of the period were likely painted by amateurs anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buildings look good to me too - and looking forward to seeing your Steelfist cav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, they are already prepped and joined the painting queue

      Delete