Sunday 29 October 2023

Royalist Dragoons

Another unit I can add to the completed pile is some dragoons for Rupert's Royalists. I went for Green coats with yellow cuffs for these. The mounted troopers are mainly Warlord plastics, 1 trooper is from Alternative armies. The dismounted troopers are a mix of warlord plastics and Peter pig.




I have nearly finished a second unit of these, but I've just realised that when I adjusted the figure ratio for the mounted troops, they will not be required for Marston Moor. Still they'll be fine for club games and may even stand in for Parlaimentarians if Mitch doesn't get his completed.

In other news I finally picked up my first sprue of the Scots covenanters from Wargames Illustrated. I have a further 3 sprues on their way after I picked them up on EBay. For the two villages I have decided to go for 10mm buildings and have ordered my first batch from Pendrakens Battlescale range.

16 comments:

  1. Your project continues to expand at a rapid rate. Scots next? Looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to get the last of Rupert's cavalry done then on to the Scots

      Delete
  2. These Dragoons certainly look the part. Nice mix of producers for the effects. Looking forward to your Scots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I am impressed by the new Warlord covenanters Neil, they look the business. Having now examined the Montrose units they are also very good, but obviously no use for Marston Moor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look nice and can't wait to make a start on them

      Delete
  4. The images of the Covenanters I saw in the advertising blurb from Warlord looked very promising so will be interesting to see what they are like in the flesh - hopefully the cavalry are a bit better than the other ECW which are definitely not as nice as the infantry figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They infantry do look good. First glance at the Mounted figures and they are ok

      Delete
  5. Excellent stuff Neil. You are really an ECW painting machine at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, the dark nights will soon slow me down

      Delete
  6. Nice work! You must have quite a collection by now Neil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting there. Just over 50% complete for Marston Moor

      Delete