Saturday 14 January 2023

Sikh Infantry

Not  that my British forces really needed reinforcing, I couldn't help but add a company of Sikh soldiers. This would help give the force a more Imperial feel.  The 10 figures below are all from Copplestone castings and were nice and easy to paint up.


Hopefully it is not too long before they get onto the wargames table. I have also been making a start on some White Russians. I've picked up an artillery piece, officers and HMG team from Colonel Bills, they are all Copplestone castings. I also purchased some WW1 Russian infantry from mini-figs, enough for 2 companies. They are slightly slimmer than the Copplestone figures,but mix in fine. They also add a little variety. Hopefully get some of them undercoated tomorrow and I can make a start.

14 comments:

  1. Having been in this hobby a long time, I recommend acting on temptation. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, just want Wargames Atlantic to release their plastic Russians and I'll be happy

      Delete
  2. Sikh incoming!
    Excellent work sir.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely,done Neil copplestone are some of my favourites although not easy to find figures which match in with them 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, I agree, just wish Copplestone did a few more different poses

      Delete
  4. More nice work there Scotty - I have yet to succumb to the temptation of Sikhs etc from Copplestone...or from Pulp Miniatures, who also do some nice packs in a similar "Heroic" scale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, you know you will eventually

      Delete
  5. Nice painting Scotty. Copplestone makes wonderful figs. Brushwork is good. your unit sir, it will do well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some good looking Sikhs there, and I would far rather have them with me than against me!

    ReplyDelete