Sunday 4 April 2021

SCW Asaltos and more

One of the joys of a new project is it greatly helps getting the painting mojo back. I have quickly cracked on and painted up the 8 Asaltos I had from Anglian miniatures. Though a little slimmer than the Empress figures they do fit in very well. Great for extra variety in a unit.


I also had some British milita figures from my old VBCW collection. Most of these got a repaint, some just a touch up. I will mix these into my International brigade, likely the British battalion as the head gear isn't correct, but these were too nice a set of figures not to use. They are from the Musketeer miniatures range.


Once the rest of the International brigade figures arrive I can spread them across the units so that they become less noticeable.

The last addition is a HMG team for the International brigade. I believe this model is from the Empress miniatures range. Unfortunately after painting it met with a little accident so the gun is a little skewed.


As I now have to await my orders for the next batch of figures I have started to refurbish some old foamcore buildings I have. I've added some lean to's and small walling to the existing models. They'll now require a repaint.

10 comments:

  1. Are you buying a bigger house Scotty, also does your missus know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sssh! So far these are all figures I already had.

      Delete
  2. Great way to incorporate some existing figures into a new period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed. Great to get some use out of them

      Delete
  3. Very nice. Good idea using the VBCW figures, I'm sure they'll mix in without others knowing, unless they read your blog of course?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look nice, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The start of a new project brings such optimism and delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, really enjoying the focus it brings

      Delete