Thursday 2 November 2023

Dragoons and Commanders

Just a quick post as due to the incessant rain in North East England (currently a yellow warning) painting has stalled as getting to the shed involves a bit of plodging across the water logged garden. I also can't undercoat anything as the damp is badly effecting the aerosol undercoat. 

The Dragoons and commanders were actually painted last week, it's taken 4 days just to get the bases done. So here they are. The dragoons are spare and can be used for either side. Their blue coats remind me if ACW cavalry.



The commanders are three more of the resin figures from Warlord. This time Rupert, Cromwell and Waller.


Hopefully if the rain eases for the weekend I may get 2 more cavalry regiments done for Rupert. I've also been acquiring sprue to fulfill the Covenanter contingent. So far I managed to get my hands on 9 of the 12 required. 5 of which were donated freely by club members.

10 comments:

  1. You still make great progress despite the weather roadblocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, hope to get something done over the weekend

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Neil……I may try and get those commanders for Christmas 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are well worth it. Much superior to the plastic figures

      Delete
  3. Great work on these Scotty and good score on acquiring half your Covenanters gratis! As to the weather, it seems to be atrocious - I am from Montrose originally, about ten miles from Brechin, so followed the recent flooding of the river South Esk with more than passing interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, the weather has been bad here , but think its been worse in Scotland

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Neil. Storm Ciaran has stopped play for me in the south as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard. I think the storm stopped play for most of us

      Delete