Wednesday 18 October 2023

More Northern Association troops

I'm now getting very close to completing all the troops I need for the Northern Association at Marston Moor. Just 2 more horse regiments to finish, though I will add some artillery for club games. First up is the 4th and last infantry regiment. This time I went with blue coats, which seemed to cover the brown undercoat quite well. With these done it will be a nice break from painting pikes until the Covenanters are released.



 The next 3 units are all horse regiments. As I did these in bulk they do look quite uniform in their buff coats, but I'm happy with them and they are Parlaimentarians. The figures are a good mix of Warlord, Alternative Armies and Peter Pig. The flags are purely conjecteral.



As the nights darken I think progress will slow as I will get less painting time except at the weekends. However a good start has been made. The Northern Association should be finished tomorrow, so that is the 2 armies completed that I committed too. I'm also nearly half way through Rupert's cavalry.

Newcastle's Royalists

Fairfax's Northern Association

Rupert's cavalry and Royalist commanders

Completed so far:
Newcastle's Royalists - 7 foot regiments, 8 horse regiments, 5 brigadiers and some commanded shotte.
Northern Association - 4 foot regiments, 7 horse regiments, 3 brigadiers, 1 Dragoon regiment and commanded shotte
Rupert's Royalists - 4 horse regiments

After I finish these next 3 horse regiments (2 Parlaimentarian and 1 Royalist), looking through the available figures I have left, I can now put together the additional 5 regiments of horse for Rupert along with a regiment of dragoons and some commanded shotte. I can also put together 1 regiment of lancers for the Covenanters. I've also about 6 guns that I can paint up rather generic to use for either side.


8 comments:

  1. Very nicely done Iain I’m finding painting the epic stuff quite fun and a way of breaking up the Napoleonics. But it will be a while before I can field some armies ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, I'm hoping to get a game in with these soon

      Delete
  2. The speed at which you are mustering these armies out is amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, painting in batches certainly helps

      Delete
  3. That is an impressive horde of figures when you see them all in the boxes like that Scotty - great work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue works really well Neil. I think the armies you're producing is stunning.

    ReplyDelete