Wednesday 11 October 2023

1st Parlaimentarian horse

After re-calculating the required numbers of cavalry for Marston Moor, I set to work on adding some more Parlaimentarians. As Mitch and myself were planning a game and he was short of cavalry, it made sense to start on the Northern Association horse. So the first regiment is done. The figures are a mix of Warlord, Peter Pig and one of the new Alternative Armies figures. They all mix in well together.



One area in which I lacked figures for this collection is for the mounted brigadiers and various leaders of the armies. I do have the figures from Peter Pig, Alternative armies and the plastic Warlord figures. None of which stand out above the others so I ordered the resin packs from Warlord games. 


These are handy as they provide Rupert, Cromwell and Fairfax. The others will get painted up as other prominent commanders for the game. First thoughts are they are very nice but I'll get a better look at them over the coming days as they had just arrived in the post.

I've also completed another infantry regiment for Parlaiment, bringing me up to 3 of the 4 I need. Hopefully get their bases done tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Nice Neil and timely as I have been painting a few more ECW epic as well. As you say the cavalry match in pretty well. We might all be painting cavalry for some time to come !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, I have plenty more still to do, about 18 regiments

      Delete
  2. Another grest addition to your collection Neil. Looking forward to see the famous commanders painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, hopefully get a start on them shortly

      Delete
  3. Will be interesting to see the resin figures "in the flesh"" Scotty. I assume they are more detailed than the standard Epic figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lot more detailed. Hoping to get them prepped this weekend after I finish a batch of cavalry

      Delete