Wednesday 25 October 2023

Light guns and Commanded Shotte

Despite progress beginning to slow this week, I did manage to get the bases of some light guns completed. I have deliberately left these as fairly generic. That way I can use them for either side. They are just the light guns that come with the cavalry sprue.



The other completed work is a unit of commanded shotte for Rupert's Royalists. For these I went with red coats, purely to add a little colour to the army. The figures for these are all plastic from Warlord games. They seem to have come out ok.



On the painting table are a couple of units of dragoons. Made a good start on one of the units and hope to get it finished for the weekend. I've also ordered a copy of Wargames Illustrated to get my hands on one of the plastic sprues of Scots Covenanters. I will just need another 11 for the project.


10 comments:

  1. When you are mustering out artillery and commanded shotte, you must be close to Game Time. Great additions, Neil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very hopeful of getting a game in,hopefully in the next couple of weeks

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Neil…generic artillery is good. I’ll be interested to see what the Scot’s are like so will likely get WI next month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. I've ordered a copy so hopefully it's here soon

      Delete
  3. The guns and commanded shotte look good Scotty and in truth, all the artillery would have been "generic" in real life at this period - probably, the New Modekl Army had a specific uniform for gunners, but prior to that they weren't even actually soldiers I don't think... more skilled tradesmen employed to handle the guns?
    I received an email from Warlord recently, touting their Covenanters - they looked pretty good! How many units will you be building - if I am not mistaken, the Scots provided the majority of the infantry in "Parliaments" army at Marston Moor, and a not insignificant portion of the cavalry too, despite Cromwell's dismissive remarks about " a few Scots horse".... !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works out at 6 regiments of horse and 12 regiments of foot I need. Thankfully plenty of time to get them done

      Delete
  4. Excellent guns and commanded shot. Things must be in an advanced stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, getting very near to meaningful forces for a game

      Delete