Sunday 15 October 2023

The Northern Association Horse

As the Marston Moor project continues, I've been concentrating on the Northern Association under the Command of Fairfax for Parlaiment. I've added another 3 regiments of horse. The figures are a mix of Warlord plastics, Alternative armies' new range and Peter Pig. Helps to add some variety and I feel helps cover for some of the limitations of the Warlord plastics. The flags are from Wargames design.


I also painted up the last of my mounted brigadiers, I can then concentrate on the new commanders I picked up from Warlord games. 3 of these are for the Northern Associationa and the other is to be added to Newcastle's army.

L to R: Alt. Armies, Alt. Armies, Peter Pig and Warlord

I did a little stocktake of the army so far. I have 3 of the 4 infantry regiments done and 4 of the 9 horse regiments. Also completed are the commanded shotte and dragoons.  I also need to add Fairfax and 1 more brigadier. Thankfully my primer arrived today , so 3 more horse regiments have been undercoated. 

By my reckoning I'm just over 50% done and then I can add it to the completed tally with Newcastle's army. After this I need the last 6 regiments of horse for Rupert, some dragoons and command shotte. Thankfully Mitch and Neil will be working on Rupert's foot. Mitch is also nearing completion on the Eastern Association so this just leaves the Covenanters. The good news is Warlord is to release them shortly, there is a free sprue with the November Wargames illustrated, so that will be a start.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a "win, win" if mixing figures works out for you. You do not waste figures and you add a lot of variety. You have an impressive looking army forming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, definitely a win win on mixing the figures

      Delete
  2. Nice work both in collection and painting. The units look great. The complete product will be impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mix is working well. Stunning army being put together Neil.

    ReplyDelete