Saturday 14 October 2023

Northern Association foote

Finally managed to get the basing done on a third regiment of foote for the Northern Association. I once again went with a brown undercoat to help with the pikes and muskets. I then picked out some tunics in green, which I think came out ok. The flag is pure conjecture.  The 4th and last regiment is now undercoated and joined to the painting queue.



I also took the 2 sets of commanders out of their box to get a better look at them. The detail is far superior to their plastic kits. I'll definitely be painting up a few of these for the Marston Moor project.

Parlaimentarian Commanders

Royalist Commanders

I now just need to complete the basing on 3 more horse regiments while I wait for a new undercoat spray. It typically ran out halfway through a batch of figures.


12 comments:

  1. Very handsome regiment of Foote. I sure like the look of these figures and regiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Neil. I enjoy watching your output on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice addition to the Royalist force - and as expected, the resin command figures are much better than the standard figures - are they particularly brittle though? That can be an issue with resin, particularly in smaller scales where swords etc are quite thin.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The resin figures are slightly flexible, so hopefully less likely for swords etc break off

      Delete