Saturday 5 March 2022

Eclectic painting update

I've made a conscious effort over the last couple of days to clear the painting table of some half finished models. First up is some figures for Star Wars, namely an Imperial officer, which is a 3D printed model and some Rebel fleet troopers from the Imperial Assault game.



Next up is a commander for my Carlists. It is a simple WW1 British officer with a head swap. Think he was originally from Renegade miniatures.


There was then two more bases of 10mm Chaos Thugs to complete. Not sure if I have mentioned before, but I do not like painting these. Still that's 6 bases done and just 4 to go.


Lastly I have been mulling over some 1920s gaming in Central Asia. I know I can use the Afghans already in my collection. I also have some RCW Reds that also need painting up. But first I decided to re-purpose some old WW1 British figures I had lying in a box. These are for the Western theatre, but will do for me. Should have enough for 3 sections, a HMG team and an artillery piece. A good starter force. So here is the first 10 models re-painted in a khaki uniform.


As I am using existing models with just a few new additions, I believe I am keeping my promise of no new projects. Still 20 more infantry to go.

6 comments:

  1. Good to clear off the workbench to make room for more pressing matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to follow your example Scotty and do likewise! In my case, I have a lot of the output of the last few months painting still sitting around on my painting desk. I really need to get off my arse and put them away in storage boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only do this once in a while. Good to clear the decks

      Delete
  3. If it rains tomorrow I will start the process of finishing the several units on the table in various states of 'done.' If it is dry, then perhaps Monday.

    ReplyDelete