With a couple of the club members picking up the Pillage rules, I decided to pickup the new starter set and see what it was all about. I then remembered that I had some Vikings and Saxons from an old Shore raid game I did at the Border Reiver show about 20+ years ago. All they needed was some re-basing and a little touch up.
They are a mix of Gripping Beast, Artizan, Foundry, and Blacktree. Not bad for being around 25 years old. I've got a few more unarmoured Saxons to re-base and the Vikings could do with a couple of archers. Now the starter set comes with a sprue each of Irish and Vikings. With already having plenty of Vikings I swapped these with Mitch for a sprue of Irish. I've added these to some figures I already had from Gripping Beast, including a couple of plastic figures. I have an order in for a sprue from Wargames Atlantic and some metal figures from Footsore to give me a few mounted figures and some armoured troops.
I've nearly enough painted for a 600 point starter force. Now I just need to see of blogger will update.










Great mix of miniatures!
ReplyDeleteAnd have your new post on my blog list :)
Cheers Michal, that's a relief. Only issue I have now is my own blogroll is not updating
DeleteAnother new project! Looking good.
ReplyDeleteCheers Jonathan, more like resurrecting a very old project
DeleteNice you had a good head start on this latest project Scotty!
ReplyDeleteCheers Keith, very much a bonus
DeleteLooking good already. Look forward to seeing the additions arrive.
ReplyDeleteCheers Richard
DeleteNeil your update appeared on my blog list on Monday late afternoon, so whatever you have done worked!
ReplyDeleteAlways nice to get to use old figures.
Neil
Cheers Neil, I used the feedburner that Jonathan from Palouse wargaming recommended. Seems to have worked
DeleteNeil, just read this , 4a.m. East US Daylight
ReplyDeletesavings. Nice to see some one get the old figures for Pillage. I have smaller forces and so smaller games.
I guess I will be busy figuring out where this feedburner thing will be and how to access. Glad to see some movement on the blogs.
Looking forward to Pillage on your part!
I didn't want to waste the old figures. The feedburner was quite straight forward to set up
DeleteNeil, Always rather play than paint! Setting up the table...
ReplyDeleteNice job.
Cheers Joe
Delete