Saturday, 19 September 2026

Border Revier show

So today I managed to get down to the 2nd Border Reiver show of the year. This time I wasn't part of the organising, Thom and Neil G were displaying their Guards of Traitors Toll, These mean streets. The game did look spectacular and I did help moving around figures and accidentally setting fire to a building. Most of the buildings and town wall were 3d printed by Thom, most of the figures and a few of the buildings were from Neil G's collection.








Plenty of visitors to the table and lots of chatting going on. The other benefit of the show is I got to catch up with a couple of old wargaming colleagues, John, just returning to the hobby and Mick who even invited me up for a game to renew hostilities. We just need to organise a game. We last played against each other before the outbreak of Covid. Mick was there with his Middle earth game, the battle of Azanulbizar, pitching the Dwarves against Orcs. Lots of lovely old Nick Lund figures on display.




With only being able to spend a couple of hours at the show, my spending was curtailed, much to the relief of my wallet. I did pick up 3 15mm adobe buildings, should see use as a bit of table decoration for our Zama game. There were also a few grass tufts and a book of army list for future ideas.


I did pick up a couple of 3d printed dark Age huts from Thom. They were free as he had printed more than he needed. No photo as I have already started to paint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment