Friday 2 April 2021

Viva Espana

The start of a new project, The Spanish Civil War. A period I only know the basics on, so plenty of reading to catch up on. For an Interwar period it is very colourful. I like the idea of flags, Carlists, Falangists as well as Moors and the International brigades.

So to start I had a dig around in my old VBCW collection. I had used a number of SCW figures as part of the Anglican league. So 15 Asaltos and 10 International brigade figures that would need re-painting. There were also some unpainted Asaltos and a HMG team. There are also few figures from the VBCW militia which I can re use for the International brigade.

The first figures were quickly done, the 15 Asaltos and a Bilbao armoured car. The Asaltos are Empress miniatures, not sure where the armoured car is from.




I also re painted a Ledo truck for transport and 10 International brigade figures from Northstar.



Not a bad start. I've some more Asaltos to add, think these are the old Anglian miniature range. Not as nice as the Empress figures, but match in size wise. I put in an order to Empress for some more Asaltos and International brigade figures to bring them both up to platoon strength. I haven't settled on a rule set, was thinking of adapting my old VBCW rules, quick and simple to play.

6 comments:

  1. Erm that should be Viva La Republica for your figures. Viva Espana was more used by the Fascist Nationalists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Thankfully some Nationalist troops are on their way

      Delete
  2. You will certainly enjoy this period if you like a bit of variety. One of our gaming group collected everything for both sides from Empress, including the female Miliciana, and has three or four 1/48 scale planes too - a beautiful collection to behold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The variety of troop types is what attracts me to the period

      Delete
  3. Very nice nd quick conversion of figures from VBCW a great idea. A nice period but with RCW a little too similar for me at the moment. If you haven’t check out Phil’s blog as he has a lovely collection of SCW

    ReplyDelete