Sunday, 30 August 2026

Pony Wars stage 1 complete

After painting up some command figures for 'B' and 'D' troops of 2nd cavalry , I did a little review and realised I had reached the end of stage 1 of this project, well actually exceeded in some parts. The initial plan was for 4 troops of US cavalry supported by 3 or 4 companies of infantry with some civilian and Crow scouts. So I actually have 6 troops of cavalry, 3 companies of infantry, some wagons, an artillery piece and the civilian and Crow scouts. For the Native Americans I wanted 40 or 50 mounted and 20 or 30 on foot. I actually have 50 bases of mounted or 100 warriors and 10 bases of foot or 10 figures. After a few play tests I don't think I'll need any more warriors on foot.

US forces

3 companies of the 9th Infantry

3 troops of 2nd cavalry

3 troops of 3rd cavalry with Crowscouts

Souix warriors




So what is in store for stage 2, well I do have the figures for 2 more companies of US infantry along with a limber for the artillery and a troop of cavalry each for the 2nd and 3rd cavalry. There are also some additional Crow scouts as well as some Apache which I may paint up with pieces of US cavalry clothing to use as Shoshoni allies, it keeps them different from the Souix and Crow. For the Souix I have enough figures for another 10 bases and a 3rd warchief. I may expand the Souix further as I had to borrow figures from Robbo to make up the numbers. I also have Thom looking into 3d printing some buffalo, if he can find a suitable STL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment