Friday 29 January 2021

WW2 Winter Soviets - artillery

I eventually managed to pick up the Plastic Soldier Company artillery set. Well worth it as you get 2 gun carriages and 3 different options. For my first model I went with the 1943 76mm Infantry gun. This is a very nice kit and goes together quite easily. I did 2 head swaps on the crew to add a little winter variety as they are dressed in the summer uniform. I was surprised that the heads from Warlord did not look out of place. The PSC figures are slimmer but not as noticeable in the crouched position.




I also managed to complete a command set from Warlord games. This gives me a second Senior leader, a spare Junior leader, medic and a radio operator. These will always come in handy.


I've now only got a handful of figures left for this collection. There is the second artillery piece awaiting basing, 4 spare infantry figures from the last of the plastic Warlord figures. I have ordered a T34/86 to add to the armoured element. After this possibly a mortar, armoured car and a unit of scouts to complete the force.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work, Neil! It will be very interesting to see if this collection really is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, pretty sure no collection is ever truly complete

      Delete
  2. Atmospheric bases and gorgeous figures, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work ready to knock out those PZIII’s

    ReplyDelete
  4. The PSC figures and gun look great. I have their Russian infantry in 20mm, as they were the only plastic box set option I could find when doing a small Chain of Command project a couple of years ago. The PSC figures are noticeably smaller than the Valiant Miniatures British and German figures I also bought...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, and the basing has me shivering! :-)

    ReplyDelete