Tuesday 26 January 2021

WW2 Winter Soviets - T34/76 and more

After completing the BT7 I decided to build and paint up my T34. The T34 became the mainstay of Soviet armoured forces. It was a quick and easy to produce tank, well suited to the Eastern front and more than a match for its German contemporaries.

The model is the plastic kit from Warlord games. It does come with 3 turret options. I went with the 1943 variant to suit my mid war collection. Once again I went with the winter camo. The green looks too bright in the photos. Much better seen in the flesh.




The camo paint scheme starts with a grey undercoat followed by a covering of a matt white spray paint. I then do a very light drybrush with live green over raised areas of the tank. Then I use a quick stipple effect of light grey then white over the top. Simple drybrush of dark and light brown around the tank tracks to represent mud.

As my Soviets near completion, thought turned to the lack of gaming opportunities due to lockdown. So I got most of the toys out just to get a view of what I have and still need. I definitely need to add some roads and probably a stream or river.










Very happy with my progress when I started my winter themed ww2 project early 2020. Might try and pick up some extra Soviet vehicles purely for extra options.

8 comments:

  1. Nice work on the T34 mate.

    One of my favourite tanks of the war, you snow camp is great

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking tank and collection. I think with winter gaming you can skip roads as long as you define the edges with fences etc.....👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. That is an idea for the roads which is under consideration

      Delete
  3. Great pics, what a gorgeous and atmospheric terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tank looks excellent. And so do the pics, its great to get the figures out every now and then, even if you can't have a game.

    ReplyDelete