Sunday 24 January 2021

WW2 Winter Soviets - BT7 Tank

I decided to add the 1st armour option to my Soviet platoon. I went for a BT7. At the onset of Operation Barbarosa it was the main cavalry tank of the Soviet army.  It continued to be in operation for almost the entire war, though in greatly decreased numbers after there losses in 1941.

The model is a resin piece from Warlord games. I went for a winter effect camo to match the theme of the infantry platoon.




Quite happy with how it's turned out. I now just need to build the T34/76. On a happier note I did manage to pick up the artillery set from Plastic Soldier company. Great value and gives me 2 different artillery options.

8 comments:

  1. And so you should be, its a great looking tank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russian winter armour....but this won’t like big panzers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, yep it will need to rely on speed to stop Panzers getting too close

      Delete
  3. Very nice job and it can probably hold its own against earlier German tanks PzKfw III or 38 t etc....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, I do have a soft spot for a BT-7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, me too. Not the best tank but fun to use

      Delete