Sunday 5 May 2024

A few more DAK vehicles

I've made some more progress on these. I am aiming at the 400 point force from the Tebaga gap handbook which should give a decent size force with plenty of options. So first up is a Sdkfz253 OP halftrack, an additional kubelwagon and a Opel Maultier command truck. These are all 3d prints provided by Mitch.



Next up is a couple of Sdkfz 11 prime movers to tow some 105mm howitzers, when I get around to getting them painted up, These are also 3d prints from Mitch.

The last two are a couple of Panzer IIs, again 3d prints from Mitch. I love these small early war tanks, useful for recce but not a real match against other tanks.



So another 7 vehicles were added to the pool. I've got four sdfkz10s on the painting table. There is also a number of AT guns to do but I need to order some bases first as I've run out.

12 comments:

  1. Great progress! From the look of your vehicles, 3D printing has come a long way, very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. I think 3d printing will become a mainstay in many collections as the quality just keeps getting better

      Delete
  2. Some great additions to your DAK collection, Scotty, and I agree with both you and Jon....I just need to find a friend with a 3d printer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. Yep a friend with a 3d printer is very handy for vehicles, just need to keep supplying him with resin

      Delete
    2. If you don't mind me asking, how does that work out in terms of cost eg price per vehicle, for example?

      Delete
    3. I either buy a tub of resin around £25-£30 or pay him £1.50 for a 15mm vehicle, depends how much I need printed

      Delete
  3. Great looking additions to your collection Neil. Live the look of the Desert War period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant work Neil. That is quite a collection building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, getting near the finish line thankfully

      Delete