Sunday 28 April 2024

DAK Vehicles

After my Normandy trip, I finally managed to pick up a paint brush again and get a few more vehicles done for the DAK. These are a mix of tanks and transports. First up is 3 more Opel blitz trucks. These are from Forged in battle. They are just a fraction smaller than the others I have and come with a moulded on base. I still added them to my MDF bases which hides the size difference.


Next up is another 3 Panzer IIIs. The workhorse tank of the early DAK forces. These are all Zvezda kits. Nice and quick to put together.


Lastly was a pair of tanks I picked up off EBAY. They were labelled as Panzer IIIs, but 1 is a Panzer IV. They are both Battlefront miniatures. They are slightly bulkier that the Zvezda kits. However the Panzer III has the short barrelled 75mm which I needed for the army and Zvezda does not produce one.


So I now have built up quite a collection of vehicles for my DAK forces. I will need to concentrate on adding more artillery, AT guns and tractors to round the army out.



So 31 vehicles done. I've got a couple of Panzer IIs's and 4 Sdkfz 10s to get done in readiness for their first game.

12 comments:

  1. Some more excellent additions to your DAK collection, Scotty...and very nice they look too 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. These vehicles look great, Neil! Quite a sizable force all ready for the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking trucks and tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a collection you have there Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work Neil you make me want to get a desert battle in 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. You know you want to do a desert battle

      Delete