Sunday 2 July 2023

For the Warmaster

Having a long held interest in GW 30K Horus Heresy, I've always wanted to try out some large games to re-fight the battles. I did once use the original Space Marine game, but 6mm was just not my thing. Fighting battles in 28mm on a 6x4 table just look like a skirmish game. So a compromise and a project in 12mm was born, thanks to Mitch and his 3d printer.

So here are the first test models that I've managed to get painted as the original bad boys, The Sons of Horus. 1 Tactical squad, a rhino transport and a whirlwind. There are also couple of spares to start a command squad and a 2nd Tactical squad.









Already got another Tactical squad, Predator and attack bike part painted. There is also a Land Raider, 2 more rhinos, 2 predators, a whirlwind and a load of infantry to work on while Mitch prints off another batch for me.

6 comments:

  1. This will be a new area for me to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mate Nick has recently got back into the new Horus Heresy...but using the eye warteringly expensive 28mm GW figures. They do look very cool but it doesn't tempt me at all.....I will stick with female Nazis and the Mummy King for my fantasy fix 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit the 28mm stuff looks lovely but way out of my price range for the amount I want, hence 12mm for me

      Delete