Tuesday 21 February 2023

Trojan War - First Achaens

In a slight change from painting Trojans, I decided to make a start on the first Achaen unit. This is a heavy infantry unit and like the Trojans is from the Museam Miniatures 'Z' range. I did enjoy painting the shields. To help differentiate them from the Trojans I went with a black and white scheme.




I've got another unit of these prepped for painting and a couple of units of Slingers. After these it will be back to Trojans as I have 3 units of medium infantry also prepped. I will then either do the Lukka infantry to finish the Trojans or switch back to some Myrmidons for the Achaens.

8 comments:

  1. Another great looking minis!
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stuff Scotty - I must say, every time I read the word "Trojan" it reminds me of a lovely set of Britain's Trojan War 54mm figures I gave a friend for his birthday when I was about 10 or 11 - my mum must have bought them and I was very jealous when I saw my mate open them - I would have liked those myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, think I actually used to have some of them as a child

      Delete
  3. Nicely done, I assume there is some evidence for the shields as every body seems to paint them the same, I guess it is goat skins ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, I used google images and seems everyone does this pattern, I also assume it is goat skins

      Delete
  4. An interesting period; thanks for shariong them!

    Your photos seem a bit blurry; I assume, like most of us these days they are cell phone pictures (The cameras therein have gotten pretty good). If so, you might consider trying taking the shots from a little further a way, and then cropping them down. I find that helps the autofocus in the camera work well, and also keeps reasonable depth of field.

    I also find that taking my shots outside on an overcast day helps too, but that isn't always practical. I haven't gone Jon's route and gotten or made a light box. That was "a bridge too far" for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep done on my phone. Too col to get photos done outside after work

      Delete