Wednesday 22 February 2023

More RCW Whites

In between painting figures for the Trojan War project, I'm still chipping away at the Whites for the Russian Civil War. I finally managed to complete the 2nd company for the Markov officer regiment. These once again are from the 'Forgotten Front' range from Miniature Figurines. Also for a bit of variety I put two including the office in white tunics.



The regiment all together

I also decided to get the force out as a whole for a bit of a review. They are still well under strength for facing my Bolsheviks. I currently just have the 4 infantry companies supported by the tank, an HMG team and the artillery. I can add another HMG and a cavalry squadron. I think going forward some more cavalry would be a good idea and a couple more infantry companies.




I really need to think about getting a game in with these just to blood them. It will need to be either a smallish game or multiplayer, will need to get my thinking cap on for a suitable scenario.

10 comments:

  1. Neil, you have a lot of different projects seeing action at the painting desk. For me, this is exactly the way to keep figures moving through the production line without burning-out. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I always like to have a few things on the go

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work and great collection at now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking adds to your force. Yes, by all means test them in a game and then do an AAR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This force is building up nicely,. Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More nice work Scotty. How well do the Forgotten Front figures match up with the Copplestone ones? Maybe a comparison photo woukd be a good idea for a post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They match up sizewise quite well though slighter than Copplestone. As they have a more dynamic pose I wouldn't mix them into a predominantly Copplestone unit as they stand out, but happy to mix the odd Copplestone figureinto a Forgotten front unit

    ReplyDelete