Sunday 12 February 2023

Trojan light troops

Now that Covid has finally hit the household, I took the opportunity to make some more progress on my Trojans, mainly some light troops. First up is some pretty generic light bowmen who can skirmish at the front beofre the battle lines engage.


 

Next was another unit of archers which will most likely be deployed behind the line of heavy and medium infantry. Well protected by their large shields.


The last addition was some horsemen. These were inspired from the Trojan Horse as depicted in the David Gemmell novels. I may add a second unit in the future. The horses are much improved from some of the older Museum Miniatures I have in my collection.


I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. Looking at the unpainted pile I can add the second chariot, 2 units of auxiliary javelinmen, 2 units of slingers and 2 units of Luka mercenaries. Think I might need a couple more heavier infantry, then I can start on the Myceneans.




Well, better get back to the painting table.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to see that COVID struck but with more painting time, a little silver lining in there. You are making terrific progress on your Trojans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, think I passed it on to the rest of the family so not in their good books

      Delete
  2. Unfortunate news about the Covid bit as you say, every cloud has a silver lining! So far, only my wife has had it in our household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, seems I'm the one that passed it on to them

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry. Me, my wife and children walked through it some time ago and I didn't even have the strength to hold a brush.
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I'm over the worst of it. Just the rest of the family poorly now

      Delete
  4. Uh oh not the dreaded Covid. Hope the family get over it soon. Great looking troops though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, hopefully they are over the worst of it

      Delete
  5. Nicely done and quite a little force developing, just a period I haven’t really thought about gaming ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, something I've thought about for years but never got around to

      Delete
  6. A tidy troop of Trojans! There's always a certain charm about Bronze Age armies! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete