Monday 27 January 2020

Gothmog and Elven Riders

With a follow up game this week I neefed an extra Orc captain to lead the 3rd battalion. A quick rummage in the spares and I came up with Gothmog. Its not my favourite model. I also don't like the GW/Peter Jackson version where Gothmog is an Orc and not a Black Troll. To keep him company I painted up another 3 Orcs.



With my Orc army nearing completion it was time to turn my intention to their Opponents. Now I already have some Gondorians and Rohirrim, but these are not suitable for the 1st Age, so Elves are needed.

My first submission is some Elven Riders.  The bodies are Conquest plastic Normans, the Cloaks are from Fireforge and the plumes are from Oathmark. I did use some greenstuff to make a chest plates for a couple of the riders. Next time I'll try to make them thinner, but not bad for a first attempt.




I've ordered another sprue to make a second company. I'll the need to paint up my mounted version of Glorfindel to lead them before starting on some infantry.

8 comments:

  1. Nice work on the conversions, perhaps the mail is a little heavy my sense would be Elves even armoured knights would be lightly armoured. But they look fine 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. I agree on the armour, but they'll do until Oathmark release some

      Delete
  2. Very nice work Neil, I like the conversions you did. The models don't really look like typical Elves, but it's always good to see a different take on the standard fantasy races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking orcs and the elf conversions look superb.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete