Wednesday 1 January 2020

2019 in review

First off, Happy New Year to everyone. So how did 2019 go? On the painting front I have seen the downward trend on numbers has continue. Quite alarmingly so. Part of this I put down to moving my wargaming gear into a new shed and the loss of a permanent painting table.

10mm artillery - 3
10mm cavalry - 21
10mm infantry - 37
15mm infantry - 112
15mm cavalry - 156
28mm artillery - 1
28mm infantry - 235
28mm cavalry - 20
28mm monsters - 15
28mm vehicles - 9
Total = 609 figures.

So what did I paint. In 10mm I made a start adding a few figures to my Crimean war project, but this stalled with a lack of a suitable opponent.

The 15mm was the completion of my Ottoman Turk army. Very happy with how these turned out. There were also a few additions to the WSS French and GNW Danes.

In 28mm it was mainly centered around a few games that have been the mainstay at the club. In particular Dragon Rampant and Rangers of Shadow Deep.  This saw me dust down some old fantasy figures to complete the various scenarios. I also made a concerted effort to complete a Lord of the Rings army. This will be ongoing into 2020.

Another ruleset we've had great fun with is One Hour Skirmish, I painted up some modern Germans, insurgents and vehicles for this. There have been plenty of fun games with these rules.

I also picked up some Border Reivers for more skirmish gaming. I plan to expand this collection with some civilians and buildings.

On the gaming front I finally completed the big 4 battles of the WSS. Refighting Oudenarde and Malplaquet. With the amendments that Mick has made with the rules would love to do Blenhiem again.

Going forward I would like to pick up my Franco Prussian War project. I have a French Corps that needs a 2nd Division and I would like to add a Prussian Corps to the collection. But for now I need to complete my LOTR Orcs as I have a few ideas for big battles with some amendments to Dragon Rampant.

4 comments:

  1. Neil! 2019 looks like a very productive year for you on the painting front. I would enjoy seeing your FPW project reignite in 2020. Having never seen Outpost 15mm FPW figures, I look forward to seeing them painted so that I can compare with my Old Glory and Lancashire Games figures.

    Best wishes in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. The Outpost figures are great

      Delete
  2. A productive year, no doubt...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete