Thursday 2 January 2020

Trolls and Uruks

First painting update of 2020 and it sees further progress on my LOTR collection. First up is 23 Uruk Hai. These are a mix of metal and plastic GW figures. Eventually the Pike will form part of 2 planned units. The metal Uruks are some of my favourites of this range. Not so keen on the plastics as too uniform. These figures have all had there armour re-done and some of the paintwork touched up. Some of the bases still need finishing off.




Next are 3 War trolls from Reaper Bones that I've decided to repaint. I was never happy with the bluish skin colour. So I decided to go as per the books which describe Trolls as having a blackish skin. I think they look much better.






With these done I've got another 26 Orcs that need basing with another 30 or so needing painted. I've also picked up a figure to use as a female Balrog to act as one of the army champions. A bit smaller than I expected so trying to raise the base. Then again the books tend to portray the Balrogs as around 7ft tall.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work and a flying start to 2020 on the Orcs 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. These trolls are really good and style-wise they're an excellent match with the rest of your force.

    ReplyDelete