Friday 5 October 2012

FIW blockhouse part 2

Finally finished off the model with a little help from my daughter who insisted she helped. I'm still not totally happy with the roof, but it will have to do for now. For the floor I left a hole in the middle in which I can insert my figure to lift it out so troops can be placed on the ground floor if needed.

Finished blockhouse
Close up of the blockhouse
The floor with a hole
On  the figure front a small order has arrived from Front Rank, these are lovely figures. I got myself 2 British and 1 French officer as well as 3 Indians. One of the Indians has a suitable pose to stand out as a Sachem. The other 2 Indians will be added to those from AW miniatures when they arrive to give me 3 units of 6 warriors.

I've also finally finished another 8 Companies franches de la marine, just waiting for the bases to dry and I'll post some pictures over the weekend if time allows. SWMBO has already stated the only painting I'll be doing is the walls in my daughters room this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good and gets the job done. I'd only worry about the pitch of the roof if you are expecting heavy snows ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Scotty. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete