Wednesday 3 October 2012

FIW Blockhouse part 1

While I'm still in the groove for building scenery and with some left over balsa wood, I decided to build a block house following the same methods I used for the trading post. Once again I went for a lift off roof and even have a removable floor so figures can be put on the ground floor. Took some inspiration from one of the Touching History books by Paul Darnell, excellent if you can get your hands on them.

Main body of the blockhouse undercoated black
Showing the buttresses to take the lift off floor
The roof under construction
I'm not totally happy with the roof, The wife gave her expert opinion and stated that the pitch wasn't high enough! and I think she is right. It will have to do for now as I've run out of materials.

1 comment:

  1. Great work, it's difficult to see the pitch of the roof from the pic, but it looks fine to me? There's a great how to build a FIW fort in this months Wargames Illustrated, it shows the same roof as you've just made, give it a read if you can.

    ReplyDelete