Sunday 20 October 2024

Battletech Alpha strike

I'm sure we all have one of those regrets of a collection / game that was sold off. Mine was Battletech, the original game produced by FASA with the card models. Had many hours of fun before deciding to sell it off as I was no longer using it. An idiotic decision of my youth. So all these years later Mitch is into Mechs and wants to use them for a display game next year. I was happy to get involved. I did have a few of the CAV Mechs that could be used. However Neil at the club then produced a load of the new Battletech Mechs and I was hooked. These were far superior to the old Ral Partha metals from yesteryear.

So I went online and bought a 'Lance' boxed set. They were title as Inner sphere Battle lance containing 4 very nice plastic models. But what colours to paint them? a little research uncovered literally hundreds of different colour schemes, I plumbed for the Draconis Combine and the Dragons Fury regiment. Red and a black/grey colour scheme.

So here they are the 1st 4 Mechs.  From left to right, Warhammer, Rifleman, Pheonix Hawk and Wasp. The first three were some of my favourites from the original game.


Warhammer

Rifleman

Pheonix Hawk

Wasp

While I was doing research I also came across the Battletech Alpha strike game, this is supposedly a faster version of Battletech, allowing a lot more Mechs to be used. Now this is more like it, so a purchase was made. The added bonus is it comes with another 13 Mechs for me to paint up. While I was waiting for these to arrive I also painted up a few vehicles to support the Mechs. These were 3d prints provided by Mitch.



So now I have myself another little side project on the go. Delaying the start of my Romans.

2 comments:

  1. A nice group of mechs and I do like the look of your supporting vehicles.

    ReplyDelete