Saturday 31 August 2024

Last minute prep

With the Border Reiver show just a week away, I've frantically been doing some last minute preparation for the game. First up was a new order deck, printed, laminated and cut out as our current deck was looking a little sorry, I also did a few quick reference sheets to help speed up the game and keep it flowing. I also did a couple of sheets for the background of the battle, including a map. Thankfully Neil at the club obtained some display stands which can go at the end of the table.


As our last practice game was only on a 4 foot wide table and not 5 foot, I guess I might need a few more hedges. If I don't they will not go to waste. Just finished the first 4 pieces with another 4 tomorrow which will give another 4 foot. should be more than enough.



Now not game related but still on an ECW slant. I completed some mounted dragoons and some officers for Simon's Scottish contingent. Just got the dismounted troopers and some frame guns to do and they will be all complete.


I will be pleased to see the back of ECW figures. It's got me half tempted to sell the collection or part of it after the Marston Moor , just so I don't have to look at them again. Well another practice game on Thursday and pack everything up for the show.

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff Neil….i was planning to come this year to BR and looking forward to seeing your game live, but sadly our plans have changed and we are now down in London that weekend πŸ™ hope it goes well πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, shame you can't make the show

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to seeing how your game goes at Border Reivers, Scotty. After all the hard work getting everything ready, it will be great to see it all on the table.....and go the Solemn League and Covenant/Parliamentarians!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. There have been times where I wish I'd picked a smaller battle, but hopefully all worth it on Saturday

      Delete
  3. Looks like you’ve covered your bases for the show.

    ReplyDelete