Saturday 10 August 2024

Quar Coftryans and Crusaders

So with a few days off work I decided to try and complete my Quar forces for some larger games going forward. So first off was a couple of extra Caertans (officers) to lead my Crusaders, These are resin figures from Wargames Atlantic. Nice and straightforward to paint.



Next was a couple of extra trench raiders and a HMG team. The HMG is a 3d printed gatling gun. For the crew I used some spare ww2 Russian arms from Warlord.




The complete force for the 22nd Infantry regiment consists of 2 companies each of 2 squads. There are also a few support options in LMGs, Torpedoes, HMG and a light field gun. All backed up by a few armoured vehicles. Also I did a bit of background fluff for my Crusaders

The 22nd Infantry regiment.
Known as the Devious Ducks or the Double D's. Gaining notoriety and renown for an amphibious assault during the battle for the Bridges over the River Quar.

Other Battle honours include- Quar-ta-bras, Quarterloo and Malplaquar. Now rumoured to be supported by the 7th Light armoured regiment, providing a number of armoured vehicles, whilst stationed on the front line.








Now it is always worthwhile having a few opponents to fight. I know 2 club members are collecting Royalist forces, but I wanted just a single squad for some skirmish games. So here they are, 10 Coftryans in a rather garish burgundy coat colour.





Not sure if I'll paint anymore of these as I'd rather wait to see what future releases are brought out for the game.

10 comments:

  1. Great looking collection and lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With these many troops, I believe you’ve finally reached a Quar-um.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, now just need to get some games in

      Delete
  3. Very cool. The Gatling gun works well as a match. That’s a lot of Quar. I thought I was kinda crushing it with two squads for both sides but I don’t have any armor or the serious support weapons…yet.
    Looking forward to seeing your collection in action. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stew, I'm wanting to try out a few rulesets which will require a number of squads and options

      Delete
  4. More really nicely painted weirdness there Scotty - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete