Sunday 28 July 2024

Quar and ECW

A few extra bits and pieces completed this week as I try to clear the painting table.First up is the last of 6 ECW Royalist foot regiments for Simon. Once again they are just a generic unit for Simon to base and add flags. I just need to make a start on the 4 sprues of Covenanters he also sent.


Next up is some extras for the Marston Moor game in the form of some sheep. I picked these up from Pendraken miniatures. They can add a little village life on the edge of the table. I just simply spread them across some spare MDF bases. Trying to get them to look like flocks.


Lastly was the last few Quar figures I had left. 3 of these were just built up as basic Rhyflers. The others I have built up as trench raiders. Mitch printed the new arms for them. Once again the back packs are a bit of a mix, using some WW2 Russian packs.



Thankfully Mitch has printed off 3 vehicles for me, just waiting for delivery. I now need to decide if I want to expand the Crusaders or pick up a few of the Coftryans.


12 comments:

  1. Neil, you continue cranking out the figures. I don’t think I had a meaningful painting session this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I feel my own painting is sporadic at the moment. Just trying to snatch small gaps in my schedule to try and get things done

      Delete
  2. More nice work there Scotty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun mix of stuff, but the Quar are the best. lol
    You have been busting out the figures it seems. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stew, it does help that the Quar are easy enough to paint

      Delete
  4. A grand collection of figures. I like the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, always handy to make a battlefield look a little more real

      Delete