Tuesday 16 July 2024

The Quar War

I can't believe Mitch convinced me to dip my toe into this project. I know it will not be to everyone's taste, but I do like the odd break from historical gaming. I suppose I also did owe him for helping out with the Marston Moor project. I was also looking for something to use in Xenos Rampant and these little fellas fit the bill. With Mitch collecting a Royalist force, I elected to take on the Crusaders. The game is currently supported with some plastic boxed sets from Wargames Atlantic to provide your core troops. They also have a few extras such as officers. There are also large amounts of stuff available for 3d printing which Mitch is more than happy to help out with.

So first up is a Ailthean tractor, note tractor and not a tank. This was 3d printed by Mitch as the actual model is not released yet. I also went with a wacky paint scheme, just for the fun of it.



The next model is an Is-caertan or a junior officer to lead the company. This was printed from one of the available STL files.


Next up is 10 of the Quar Rhyflers, the backbone of the force. These are all plastic miniatures from the Wargames Atlantic boxed set.





So 11 figures and a tractor done so far. I have 6 more Quar nearly complete, armed with heavy rifles. I also have another 6 undercoated including a couple of simple conversions for a standard bearer and a trench raider. Hopefully Mitch will print me a few of the additional arms, heads and weapons so I can complete the trench raiders.

I must admit I've enjoyed painting these and they were a nice break as I have struggled with the 6th ECW regiment for Simon. 

15 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you slipped into a project in his direction either but Stew has dived into a Quar project as well. Having some variety at the painting desk is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit it was not something I was looking at originally, but I'm enjoying painting them up

      Delete
    2. (Puff of smoke and Stew appears)
      Hi, I'm Stew. I was looking at Jon's blog roll out of boredom and saw the tractor, and then saw me mentioned so thought I would say hi.
      Hi!
      I've gotten big into Quar as well. You've done a nice job on the tractor and the crusaders. They're very unique and fun figures. People tend to like them immensely or dismiss them immediately. 😁

      Delete
    3. I'd just been reading your blog and the progress on terrain boards, very envious.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done they are certain cute little fellows, although I probably won’t be buying any 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, they do have a certain charm to them

      Delete
  3. A wonderful vehicle. I like this project more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Stew will be happy to see yet another aficionado joins the ranks of the Quar gamers, Scotty! Not my cup of tea, I have to admit, but no one complains about my endless succession of female "warriors" so whatever takes your fancy...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. I like to branch out now and again in non-historicals

      Delete
    2. I am happy. And no one complains to your face... LOL 😁

      Delete
  5. Returning the favor of a buddy helping you with a project is the only proper thing to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting project direction. Nice looking tractor and figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, sometimes a change of direction helps me pick up a paintbrush

      Delete