Saturday 11 November 2023

First Covenanters and Buildings

Just a quick post as I managed to get a few more things completed this morning. First up is the first of the Covenanters I need, 2 regiments of Harquebusiers. Not lancers this time, though the other 4 regiments I need will be when they get done. The figures are all from Alternative armies and 1 officer from Peter Pig. Went for a quite uniform approach and buff jackets instead of breastplates.

The other addition was a mounted officer from the new Plastic sprue and a pair of light guns from Peter Pig. I just need some static grass to arrive to complete the bases.

I also decided to go with 10mm buildings for this project. I always find going done a scale helps villages and towns actually look like one and not just a couple of buildings. I went with the Battlescale range sold by Pendraken miniatures. They are lovely models and painted up in no time at all. I ordered a mix of stone and timber framed buildings to represent the villages of Tockwith and Long Marston on the flanks of the battlefield. The advantge of these type a buildings is I can use them for a number of periods.







Mitch is also looking into a 3d printing a few more just to add a bit of variety. And the good news is the collection all gets to be used at the club on Thursday for their first game and a chance to try out the rules.

14 comments:

  1. Just no stopping you now. Good choice the Battlescale buildings you will have seen these on our SYW games, using a small square outline to delimit the town/village.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, I really like those buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil, keeping up with your ECW proliferation is difficult! As Matt and Greg say, nice buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I rely on weekends now to get things done

      Delete
  4. The buildings look great Neil. Totally with you on going down a scale on buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, I agree, they definitely look better

      Delete
  5. Nice figures Neil and great looking buildings too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see some of your Covenanters wearing helmets - they did not all wear the blue bonnet, as often depicted! Those buildings really do look excellent and looking forward to seeing a report on your test game at the club in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, I can't wait to get the game started

      Delete