Wednesday 15 November 2023

Mustering for battle and some extras

So in preparation for tomorrow's game I went down to the club tonight to set up the table and get the troops out ready for the game. Will save some time tomorrow night. I also need some more hedges. The game will be a simple affair, a straight up fight to test the rules. I've made some changes to activation, using brigades instead of individual units. Should help speed up the game.

The Royalist will have slightly more troops split into 8 brigades, whereas the Parlaimentarians will have 7 commands. Mitch will be bringing along 2 commands worth of infantry to bolster their numbers.

Royalists -Vaughan, Rupert, Byron and Tillier

Royalists - Goring and Langdale

Royalists - Mackworth and Kirkbride

Parliament - Fairfax and Copley 

Parlaiment - Cromwell and Leslie

Parlaiment - Ashton, Crawford and Pickering, both awaiting their troops

The players will be randomly assigned their commands tomorrow night. On the painting front I did manage to muster out some extra troops for the game. Like the last batch I need to finish the bases when my static grass arrives. First up is three more commanders from the resin sets.


Then there were a couple of field guns, one each from Warlord and Peter Pig. I mixed the crews together to allow both guns to be fielded for the Covenanters. I also completed the first regiment of Scots Covenanters. So much better when you don't have the individual pikemen to paintup. The flags are from Wargames designs.


Looking forward to the game now.


10 comments:

  1. Looking good, Scotty...I look forward to your report in a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its all coming together. I have used the Epic figures twice now and tbh they look very good. Maybe if they had been around ten years ago, but I cant face staring again in another scale.

      Delete
    2. Cheers Robbie, can't wait for the game

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing these troops in action Neil.

    ReplyDelete