Friday 10 November 2023

Rupert's horse and foot

Finally managed to get this lot based up. 2 more regiments of horse for Ruperts' Royalists. The figures are a mix of Alternative Armies and Warlord plastics. The flags are from Wargames Designs.


These bring me up to 7 regiments, so just 2 more to do, to complete Rupert's mounted contingent. Now originally Mitch and Neil B were sharing Rupert's infantry between them, 5 regiments each. Neil B though has backed out as he can no longer commit as he has other projects on the go. This would leave us 5 regiments of foot short. Luckily though I managed to pick up 3 ready painted regiments on EBay for a very reasonable price, saves a bit of time in painting them myself when I have the Covenanters on the horizon. 





They just required some re-basing to match the rest of the collection. I also added some spare random flags I had left over from Wargames Design. At some point I'll need to pick up a couple of sprues for the remaining 2 regiments.

8 comments:

  1. You are lucky to find ready-painted regiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look rather nice Scotty - a quick way to add the missing units to the roll call!
    The new cavalry look splendid, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, especially when they only cost slightly more than a boxed set

      Delete
  3. Good stuff Neil and a boost to the numbers….I wonder if I should develop a more specific target ? I need to look up some OB’s. At the moment I am just panting what I have in the big box. I have a few of the Covenanters to paint up now, they look pretty good and interesting they have got rid of the ‘Porte’ pike men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, the benefit of a specific target is it provides something to work to, but I'll still end up adding units I don't need just because I like them. I'm glad the Covenanter sprue did away with the 'Porte' pikemen

      Delete