Sunday 16 April 2023

Thoughts on future games

Despite being in the middle of a game my thoughts are already turning to future games and what I'll need. One thing that seems very common in the Russian Civil War is the use of armoured trains. I've already done a little research on converting my own or using a ready made one. I have found an Ebay seller who does tracks as well as the train/carriages etc so I made a quick purchase for some track pieces to see what they are like. At least it is a start.


These were quickly done and will at least cover the width of the table for now. In keeping with the rustic theme for my village I picked up a Railway halt from Warbases ACW range. I pretty simple affair that fits in. I will add some boxes, sacks etc to the base once I source some.



As Mitch pointed out during our current game  the Whites had more HMGs than the Bolsheviks. I then remembered I had another one with naval crew so painted them up.



They may get their first action next week as reinforcements.

12 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely need that armored train 🚂
    If I recall, they also so used carts with machine guns mounted upon them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having an armored train is definitely de rigueur. They do tend to dominate play, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the issue. I may just go for a few carriages as scenery to start

      Delete
    2. Hey! Embedded comments! Much easier to follow the conversation.

      Delete
    3. Yes, how to get them? The embedded comments?

      Trains and katchankas, East Eastfront mobile war at its best. Your games will look even cooler.

      Delete
    4. Settings -> Comments -> Comment Location -> "Embedded"

      Delete
  3. I was very tempted to get a train too, but two of my regular group of opponents already gave one, so it probably would get no use! I look forward to seeing how yours turns out though Scotty....is it a purpose made armoured train or is it a cheapo toy that you are going to convert? The sailors HMG looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a bit undecided, got plenty of time to make my mind up

      Delete