Tuesday 18 April 2023

RCW - artillery

To bolster both sides of my RCW forces I've been looking at obtaining more artillery pieces. While Copplestone model is very nice I wanted a little variety. So searching through my memory banks I remembered that Irregular miniatures used to produce a range of artillery in various scales. So a quick search and I found a WW1 Russian gun and crew. Promptly bought for less than £10. I also saw Turkish model and added that to the basket.

The Irregular model and crew are noticeably smaller, probably true 25mm not 28mm. However as it is a stand alone piece that is not much of an issue.



Overall it's not a bad model, the crew aren't the greatest, obviously the Copplestone model is superior. But the price more than makes up for it and I will purchase another model, just need to remove the shoulder boards of the crew for the Bolsheviks. It does actually come with 4 crew, I've however kept 1 back as I have my eye on a 3d printed howitzer and I can use it towards the start of a crew.

7 comments:

  1. Looks really nice Scotty, I like the White artillery uniforms you have done on these figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith,thought I'd paint them to match the infantry as a support gun

      Delete
  2. Good looking unit. Clever plan and it will work keeping both gun sections on the table but not next to each other. Perspective in gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great addition. The comment form is really weird today; almost gave up trying to post one!

    ReplyDelete