Saturday 8 April 2023

RCW - Last of the Whites and plenty of Reds

In preparation for next week's game at the club, I managed to finally complete a second additional HMG team for the Whites. I painted them up to match the Drozdovsky rifle battalion. They are Copplestone figures.



I also made some progress on refurbishing some buildings and fences for the game. I still need to get the buildings finished, but I did complete 6 additional pieces of fencing There are another 7 pieces to get done.



I also took some time out today to start preparing the table in readiness of the game. I've left some space for the extra buildings and fields. I also dug the Bolsheviks out of their storage boxes as I needed to remind myself how many I had and to be abe to split them into 3 commands for the game.







I'll see if I have time to get the HMG for the sailors finished in time for the game. As I thought they outnumber the Whites 2 to 1. I may even give the collection its own page on the blog like I have for others.

10 comments:

  1. That's a pretty impressive collection there Scotty, paticularly the Bolshevik side. I guess you can even things up in the game by making all the Officer Regiments in the White force elite and all the Bolsheviks poorly trained, which seemed to be semi historical ( a lot of the White troops weren't all that well trained or motivated either, from what I have read!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, I agree, I don't think many of the White units were any better than the reds.

      Delete
  2. Some top looking troops Neil. I'll look forward to your game report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on the HMG team and a very impressive collection. Time for battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I'm looking forward to the game

      Delete
  4. Lovely collection Neil and you’ve poked my conscience about getting more cavalry again !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. Look forward to seeing them painted up

      Delete