Sunday 2 April 2023

RCW - White volunteers

Finally been inspired to get the last of my White infantry completed. These are a bunch of figures I picked up from Colonel Bills. They are Empress WW1 Russians. They are very nice figures, just a shame they don't have peaked caps. I painted these up as the 1st General Alexeyev Partisan infantry regiment. I chose them as in the Osprey they are actually wearing the peakless cap.

  




I also did a size comparison between the Empress, Forgotten Front and Copplestone figures. They are quite a good match.

L to R, Copplestone, Forgotten Front, Empress

I do have another 10 of these figures. Think I'll paint them up as the Drozdovsky regiment to add even more colour with their red caps. I also have an HMG team to add as I've just got around to putting it together.

10 comments:

  1. White tunics with light blue trim look sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, one of the reason I couldn't wait to start on the Whites

      Delete
  2. White and light blue...always a good choice.Nice brushwork as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Empress figures look great Scotty but you seem to be doing an awful lot of White forces....I hope the Bolsheviks aren't going to be outnumbered at the end of this?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, don't worry my Bolsheviks still outnumber the Whites 2 to 1

      Delete
  4. Very nice! I've painted up some of the Zvezda 1\72nd WW1 figures as Whites.

    ReplyDelete