Tuesday 4 April 2023

RCW - White Russians

This is the second batch of the Empress figures I picked up from Colonel Bills. At first I was undecided on which regiment to go for, eventually going for the Gen Drozdovsky Rifle regiment, the tunics should have been slightly more cream/light khaki in colour but I went with white. I can't imagine many of the units would have been that colourful as a civil war makes supply notoriously difficult to maintain. Anyway I wanted my Whites to stand out against the Bolsheviks.




So time to get a little stocktake. My Whites probably are only at 50% strength in comparison to my Bolsheviks, though both sides could do with an armoured car or two. I can also press gang in the FT-17 tanks from my SCW collection. So here are the Whites so far.






 

I now have just the HMG team to finish off and the force could definitely do with another mounted unit, not sure if I will go Copplestone again or try the cheaper option from Reiver castings.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice…👍 I need some more cavalry hard not to get some more copplestone figures they are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. Copplestone are nice but my last batch had terrible flash on the models

      Delete
  2. Splendid Russians in white tunics and red trim. They will look as great in battle as they do on the parade field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I hope so. Get there first game in a couple of weeks

      Delete
  3. I obviously missed this post earlier Scotty...very nice looking collection. The Tsarist forces definitely had the flasher looking uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, the uniforms make me want to paint more

      Delete