Saturday 28 January 2023

RCW - Whites III

This is the last of my 'White' forces. I am hopeful to pick up a few more at the York show next weekend. I already have a few ideas of how I want to expand the force. Ideally I want 2 more infantry companies, probably one of the volunteer units to add a bit of colour. There is also the option of one of the officer units - Markov in their black uniforms that seem to be a must for most white forces.

Anyway here are the additions I've completed. First up is the HMG team from Copplestone castings. I kept these in the colours of the Izhevsk regiment.


Next up is an artillery piece to add a bit more firepower. This model is also from Copplestone castings. It was part of the bundle I picked up from Colonel Bills. The uniforms are just pretty generic for the gunners. I'm also not sure why I painted the gun carriage dark brown. I had been looking at various pictures which showed the wheel spokes as a light brown, different to the rest of the carriage. Still pretty happy with it and looks different enough from the gun in my 'Reds' collection.



So here is the collection so far. As can be seen it is seriously short of manpower compared to my Bolsheviks. Looks about outnumbered 5 to 1. Just the two companies with support weapons.




Well as I ponder new acquisitions I can make a start on the new project for this year.


8 comments:

  1. Nice start to the Whites, by all means try the 'Markos' for color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I'm definitely leaning towards them

      Delete
  2. Neil, you continue making steady progress. Markovs in black will be a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The All Officer units are a good option for the Whites in this era for sure, my mate has two of or three, with multi coloured caps, they do add a nice bit of colour and variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my thinking, a bit tired painting lots of Russian green and various browns

      Delete