Monday 1 August 2022

Scenic items and plans

As I try and put the finishing touches to my Bolsheviks, It is time to consider the battlefield. Of course I already have some specific Russian scenery, however this has been winterised for my WW2 collections. So it looks like I need to start again.

For buildings I've ordered a box of the Pegasus hobbies Russian log cabins along with a wattle shed from Renedra. This will be a start and will be added to in due course. I know Warbases also do a couple of useful pieces in mdf for pig stys, carts etc. I am also going to need some fences. These I intend building myself ftom modelling sticks and coffee stirrers.

In the meantime I have added a couple more trucks, some left over haystacks, a camp and a piece of rough ground.




Now I just need a few things to arrive in the post, hopefully quickly as I have some time off work.

I am also contemplating adding some Whites, though I may wait for Wargames Atlantic to release their plastic Russians. Helps keep the costs down and 2 boxes will give me more than enough infantry.

4 comments:

  1. When a project shifts to terrain and scenics, I think I can see the light at the end of tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, though I still have one army to put together

      Delete
  2. I think I recognise the truck models Scotty - I have them too (assuming they are Yesteryear??)
    I am not sure how much cheaper Wargames Atlantic will make things, last time I looked, they were about US$60 for around 30 figures - around $2 a figure - I think you could get Copplestone from Caliver at about the same cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trucks are from yesteryear. The WA plastics are £25 a box in the uk. It works out at double the amount of figures

      Delete