Sunday 5 July 2020

Roman allies

The beauty of using a Caesarian Roman army is that you can use all sorts of native troops as allies / mercenaries. So I set to on naking some additions.

The first unit is some Spanish Caetrati. These will cover the role of light infantry. The figures are from Victrix with the addition of some LBMS shield transfers. Pleased I have another unit of these to paint up.



The second unit is some Gallic Noble heavy cavalry. I still need to add a commader for these. Again the figures are from Victrix, nice but the horses are very large compared to others in my collection. I also used LBMS transfers for the shields.



Pretty happy with how this army has turned out. I do still have a few extra Roman Infantry to paint up. I would like to get a better figure for my Centurian, possibly the Vorenus figure from Warlord.

The army so far






I can concentrate on getting my Ancient Britons ready for the table top.

8 comments:

  1. Nice looking additions, another bonus is your new troops can also be part of other armies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ian. I love units that cover more than 1 army

      Delete
  2. Looking great Neil, multi purpose troops are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful allies, never enough of them, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work.
    I do find the problem of 'little units of allies' eventually becoming whole forces of their own. Don't fall into that trap, unless you want to of course ;)

    ReplyDelete