Friday 17 July 2020

Enemies and Allies of Rome plus a field

Further progress has been made on my forces for Infamy, Infamy. First up is a second unit of Spanish Caetrati. I deliberately painted all the tunics white as intend to mix them with figures from the first batch. Again the figures are from Victrix.




Next up was some Ancient Britons. These are some slingers and a mounted commander from 1st Corps. Originally the mounted commander was to lead my Gallic cavalry as part of my Caesarian force but he is dwarfed by the victrix cavalry.





So my Britons are progressing.  I have already got my 2 chariots built and ready for undercoating. There is also a 3rd mob of warriors ready to paint.

So far I have 2 groups of warriors, the slingers and some skirmishing cavalry. Eventually all of the armoured figures will be assigned to their own unit as nobles.


Lastly I managed to complete a field for my Celtic village. The wattle fencing are old metal pieces from Grippibg Beast. Ive also ordered another roundhouse and a pigsty from Hovels.



12 comments:

  1. You are keeping yourself quite busy at the workbench, Neil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the lack of gaming means more time for painting

      Delete
  2. Nice job, great looking protection to your Celtic village...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Neil forces and terrain coming on nicely 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice additions all around, and keeping to a theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Spanish and Britons. You must be just about ready for a grand review of Rome's enemies?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James, not quite, still a few more Britons to do then in to Numidians

      Delete