Thursday 2 July 2020

Ancient Britons

After painting up 2 units of Celtic infantry and my Romans nearing completion. Thoughts have turned to a 3rd force for Infamy, Infamy. It just had to be the Britons ad I want to field chariots. So orders have been sent to Crusader for chariots, Warlord for more warriors, 1st Corps for Slingers. In the meantime I needed something to paint. I dug around in the lead pile an unearthed some suirable figures to use as light cavalry. 



They are a real eclectic mix. Only 2 of the riders are actually Celts, both Foundry figures. One is a 1st Corps Germanic horseman with a head swap. The other 3 are old GW Barbarians with a Celtic look (just ignore the boots). The horse are also a bit of a mix from Old Glory, Foundry and 1st Corps. Due to size differences on a couple of them I raised the base by a couple of millimetres. Pretty happy with how they have turned out.

8 comments:

  1. You can't even tell the differences. Very nice Scotty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Neil. The variety in manufacturers and types makes them even better, I reckon, especially as barbarian light. Let's face it, there is much debate about where Celt begins and ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James. I think I got the look of them how I wanted

      Delete
  3. Motley though their origins be, the results are very effective!

    ReplyDelete