Saturday 11 July 2020

Celtic Roundhouse - Progress update

Things have been a bit quiet this week on the painting front. So Despite prepping some Spanish Caetrati and Gallic slingers, I decided to start on some more buildings.

I had ordered a couple of resin Celtic Roundhouses from Hovels. They even added some extra clay pots to the order, which was a nice touch. So after cutting some MDF for the bases I made a start.



I started with a simple black undercoat. Once dried I painted the whole model Chocolate brown. The roof and any woodwork were drybrushed with a dark grey followed by cream. The walls were given a couple of coats of white.

Once the pots were added and some spare wattle fences I had left over (Gripping Beast). The bases were then given a covering of PVA glue followed by sand.


I now just have to let in dry overnight before I can seal the sand with a coat of wood varnish. Then a simple drybrush of cream and with the addition of static grass and they will be finished.

6 comments: